HBase >> mail # user >> Extending HBase Metrics Framework

Extending HBase Metrics Framework
Two Questions:

1. Is it possible to extend HBase metrics/reporting framework to generate
custom metrics? I was looking at the api docs
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/
2. Is there any way to write my own client (instead of using Ganglia or
else) to retrieve the currently available metrics?

HBase version: 0.94.7

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Many thanks ...

Regards,