Accumulo >> mail # user >> MiniAccumuloCluster IP address stored in ZooKeeper

+
Mike Hugo 2013-07-02, 15:34
Re: MiniAccumuloCluster IP address stored in ZooKeeper
This IP address should not matter.  The restarted tservers will make new
entries in zookeeper.

However, write-ahead log entries for the root tablet use the IP address of
the tserver, and the write-ahead log entries in the !METADATA Table will
prevent recovery from working.

Feel free to open a ticket (and provide a patch :-).

-Eric

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Mike Hugo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We've been using MiniAccumuloCluster for local development and testing and
> it has been working fantastic.  Really like having a lightweight mechanism
> for testing things that's easy to get up and running quickly!
>
> One issue we've run into is something that happens when we switch networks
> and the IP address of our local machine changes.  For example, if I start
> up MAC in the office, do some work and persist some data, then go home for
> the day, fire up my laptop (which now has a different IP address) - mini
> accumulo cluster won't start because it's trying to connect to the IP
> address I had when I was in the office.
>
> I think I tracked it down to the fact that the IP Address is being stored
> in Zookeeper for the tserver, e.g.
>
> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 15] ls
> /accumulo/bd70fefd-c9c6-48e2-abe4-faa146a4965f/tservers
> [10.10.10.55:9997]
>
> Is there a way to get accumulo/zookeeper to store a host name or FQDN in
> there instead of the ip address?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

+