Accumulo >> mail # user >> Java version for Accumulo 1.6?

Java version for Accumulo 1.6?
I did some googling and I saw an email thread related to whether Accumulo 1.6 would use Java 1.7 as a dependency, with some voting involved, but I didn't see a resolution. If it doesn't use 1.7, are there any incompatability issues with running Accumulo 1.6 (compiled on Java 1.6) on a Java 1.7 system? Can this be safely used for client code? I saw Sun's list of potential incompatabilities, but I don't know how that effects Accumulo.

Thanks,
David