HBase >> mail # user >> HBase split policy

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-22, 11:42
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-22, 12:24
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-22, 13:38
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-22, 13:47
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-22, 14:02
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-22, 14:10
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-23, 02:39
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-23, 06:17
Re: HBase split policy
Hi Anoop,

I ran another major_compact and the split is now totally done.

Question is, why has it not been done initially when I ran the first
major_compact. No idea.

I will re-merge the file into one single region and re-compact to see
if I can reproduce that.

JM

2013/1/23, Anoop Sam John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>What will trigger the split?
> The things which can trigger a split
> 1. Explicit split call from the client side using admin API
> 2. A memstore flush
> 3. A compaction
>
> So even though there is no write operations happening on the region (no
> flushes) still a compaction performed for that region can trigger split.
> May be in your case compaction happened for some of the regions and resulted
> in split...
>
> -Anoop-

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-23, 18:09