HDFS >> mail # user >> DFSOutputStream.sync() method latency time

Re: DFSOutputStream.sync() method latency time
1st when client wants to write data to HDFS, it should be create
DFSOutputStream.
Then the client write data to this output stream and this stream will
transfer data to all DataNodes with the constructed pipeline by the means
of Packet whose size is 64KB.
These two operations is concurrent, so the write latency is not simple
superposition.

2nd the sync method only flush the last packet ( at most 64KB ) data to the
pipeline.

Because of the cocurrent processing of all these operations, so the latency
is smaller than the superposition of each operation.
It's parallel computing rather than serial computing in a sense.