Pig, mail # user - Pig 0.10.0 slow startup

Pig 0.10.0 slow startup
Prashant Kommireddi 2012-08-07, 22:44
Hi All,

Just wanted to follow-up on Chun's question. Several of our Pig users have
been experiencing slow start-ups with Pig 0.10.0, when the same script runs
fine with 0.9.1. Anyone else facing similar issues?

Thanks,
Prashant

Hi all,

I'm trying to move from Pig 0.9.1 to Pig 0.10.0 . When I try to run the same
script using the two Pig versions, 0.9.1 starts off fast and almost
immediately submits the job to the cluster. On the other hand, Pig 0.10.0
takes forever to submit the job. When I use the java option
-XX:+PrintGCDetails, I see that for 0.10.0 the GC is being run many times
before and after the job is submitted to the cluster.

Does anyone know what is causing this and/or how I might be able to
troubleshoot it?

I've uploaded truncated output showing when GC happens to
Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/B8WTHW9r

Thanks,
Chun
+