MapReduce >> mail # user >> Is there a way to keep all intermediate files there after the MapReduce Job run?

+
Ling Kun 2013-03-01, 10:14
Re: Is there a way to keep all intermediate files there after the MapReduce Job run?
Your job.xml file is kept for a set period of time.
I believe the others are automatically removed.

You can easily access the job.xml file from the JT webpage.

On Mar 1, 2013, at 4:14 AM, Ling Kun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>     In order to know more about the files creation and size when the job is running, I want to keep all the intermediate files there (job.xml, spillN.out, file.out, file.index, map.out-N, etc).
>
> My question is :
> 1. Is there any configurations that can make this happen? Or could I modify some Hadoop MapReduce code for this ?
>
> 2. Since each job, each task, and each attempt of the task using different  directories to store all the intermediate files, keeping the files there without deleting will not hurt the whole MapReduce cluster except taking up some storage. Am I write?
>
> Thanks
>
> yours,
> Ling Kun
>
> --