Hadoop, mail # user - running sqoop on hadoop cluster

Re: running sqoop on hadoop cluster
Luca Pireddu 2011-10-25, 07:13
On 10/24/2011 12:26 PM, oleksiy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As for the first question, I can say that you can understand where is the
> master node by looking at "masters" file in the "conf" folder of hadoop.
> There you specify master node.

Actually, the "masters" file contains the name of the secondary namenode
(see http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module7.html#configs).
You probably want to leave that blank on a two node cluster.

> firantika wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>> i'm newbie on hadoop,
>>
>> if i installed hadoop on 2 node, where is hdfs running ? on master or
>> slave node ?

HDFS runs on all nodes.  The nameserver runs on the head node (the one
from where you started the HDFS with start-dfs.sh or start-all.sh).  The
slave nodes each run a DataNode daemon.

>> and then if i running sqoop for export dbms to hive, is it give effect on
>> speed up system between hadoop which running on single node and hadoop
>> multi node ?
>>
>> please give me explaining ?

Sorry, don't know.
--