HBase >> mail # user >> Add Columnsize Filter for Scan Operation

+
John 2013-10-24, 14:52
Re: Add Columnsize Filter for Scan Operation
Please take a look
at src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/ColumnCountGetFilter.java :

 * Simple filter that returns first N columns on row only.

You can modify the filter to suit your needs.

Cheers
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM, John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm write currently a HBase Java programm which iterates over every row in
> a table. I have to modiy some rows if the column size (the amount of
> columns in this row) is bigger than 25000.
>
> Here is my sourcode: http://pastebin.com/njqG6ry6
>
> Is there any way to add a Filter to the scan Operation and load only rows
> where the size is bigger than 25k?
>
> Currently I check the size at the client, but therefore I have to load
> every row to the client site. It would be better if the wrong rows already
> filtered at the "server" site.
>
> thanks
>
> John

+