Avro >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)

+
Doug Cutting 2012-11-30, 01:08
Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)
Doug,

Thanks for rolling a release.

AVRO-1170 introduced a new variant of avro-mapred which works with
Hadoop 2. At the time I didn't update the release instructions to
build this new artifact, so it is not in the staging repository you
created. As an experiment, I just tried to deploy to a Nexus staging
repository myself with the commands:

mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dhadoop.version=2
-Dgpg.passphrase=XXX -Davro.version=1.7.3
mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dgpg.passphrase=XXX
-Davro.version=1.7.3

(The order is important since the artifacts without a classifier, e.g.
avro-mapred-1.7.3.jar, should be Hadoop 1 artifacts, so we run the
Hadoop 1 command second so it overwrites ones created without a
classifier during the Hadoop 2 run. We also need a 'clean' in order to
recompile.)

This seems to work - note the JARs with hadoop1 and hadoop2
classifiers in https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-101/org/apache/avro/avro-mapred/1.7.3/.

Would you be able to republish the Maven artifacts using the commands
above? I'll update the release instructions.

Thanks,
Tom

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:08 AM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.7.3.
>
> Changes are listed at:
>
>   http://s.apache.org/avro173notes
>
> Please download the sources, check them, and vote.
>
>   http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.7.3-rc0/
>
> The Maven staging repository is at:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-099/
>
> Thanks in advance for voting!