Avro, mail # dev - [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.7.3 (rc0)
Tom White 2012-11-30, 12:33
Doug,

Thanks for rolling a release.

AVRO-1170 introduced a new variant of avro-mapred which works with
Hadoop 2. At the time I didn't update the release instructions to
build this new artifact, so it is not in the staging repository you
created. As an experiment, I just tried to deploy to a Nexus staging
repository myself with the commands:

mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dhadoop.version=2
-Dgpg.passphrase=XXX -Davro.version=1.7.3
mvn clean -P dist,sign deploy -DskipTests=true -Dgpg.passphrase=XXX
-Davro.version=1.7.3

(The order is important since the artifacts without a classifier, e.g.
avro-mapred-1.7.3.jar, should be Hadoop 1 artifacts, so we run the
Hadoop 1 command second so it overwrites ones created without a
classifier during the Hadoop 2 run. We also need a 'clean' in order to
recompile.)

This seems to work - note the JARs with hadoop1 and hadoop2
classifiers in https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-101/org/apache/avro/avro-mapred/1.7.3/.

Would you be able to republish the Maven artifacts using the commands
above? I'll update the release instructions.

Thanks,
Tom