Hadoop >> mail # user >> Mechanism of hadoop -jar

+
Jay Vyas 2012-08-11, 22:09
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-08-11, 22:47
+
in.abdul 2012-08-12, 00:54
+
Harsh J 2012-08-12, 02:02
Re: Mechanism of hadoop -jar
Sorry for the confusion... To be clear It is TOTALLY okay to jar up a text
file and access it in hadoop via the class.getResource(...) api !

1) Hadoop doesn't do anything funny with the class loader, it just uses the
Simple sun JVM class loader.

2) My problem was simply that I wasn't jarring up my text file properly.
 This was causing (obviously) all my mappers/reducers to not see my file.

Thanks for all the responses they were helpful !
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-12, 04:27