Hadoop >> mail # user >> Mechanism of hadoop -jar

Re: Mechanism of hadoop -jar
Sorry for the confusion... To be clear It is TOTALLY okay to jar up a text
file and access it in hadoop via the class.getResource(...) api !

1) Hadoop doesn't do anything funny with the class loader, it just uses the
Simple sun JVM class loader.

2) My problem was simply that I wasn't jarring up my text file properly.
 This was causing (obviously) all my mappers/reducers to not see my file.

Thanks for all the responses they were helpful !