Hive >> mail # user >> hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception

Re: hive-0.10 and nullpointerexception
For the sake of readers, I just saw another manifestation of this problem.

The issue was that mapreduce.framework.name in mapred-site.xml was set
to "yarn" instead of "classic" when the intent was to use MR1.

Hope that helps,
Mark