Hive, mail # user - Error while Creating Table in Hive

Re: Error while Creating Table in Hive
Mohammad Tariq 2012-06-06, 20:26
need not worry.. i am also a student..just keep your calm..start fresh
and follow these steps -

1 - download hadoop from apache using this link -
http://apache.techartifact.com/mirror/hadoop/common/hadoop-0.20.205.0/hadoop-0.20.205.0.tar.gz

2 - untar it - right click+extract here

3 - set JAVA_HOME in your hadoop-env.sh file and save it

4 - add the properties specified in previous replies in your
core-site.xml, hdfs-site.xml and mapredif it doesn't work still i'll
send you the configured hadoop-site.xml files

5 - format HDFS

6 - start the hadoop processes

also your hosts file should look like this -

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.0.1 ubuntu.ubuntu-domain ubuntu

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters

it'll work..if you further face any problem, i'll send you a
configured copy of hadoop.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq