Pig >> mail # user >> comment character in pig scripts?

comment character in pig scripts?
Please forgive my ignorance, but is there a comment character in Pig
scripts? It occurs to me I've never seen an example with a comment in it,
and leading # or ; characters don't appear to work as comment characters.

thanks!