Pig >> mail # user >> Making Pig run faster in local mode

+
Malcolm Tye 2013-01-04, 17:35
+
Jonathan Coveney 2013-01-04, 19:07
+
Russell Jurney 2013-01-04, 22:04
+
Malcolm Tye 2013-01-07, 11:16
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-01-07, 19:55
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-01-07, 19:56
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2013-01-08, 07:36
RE: Making Pig run faster in local mode
Hi Dmitriy,
  It's not that it hangs at any point I think. It just seems to be
slow in general. I tried jstacking the process, but the output didn't seem
to change, so I think it's just a general slowness

Thanks for all the input, we've managed to workaround it by rescheduling and
if we need to scale any further, we'll install a 1-node Hadoop cluster.
Thanks
Malc