Flume >> mail # user >> Syslog Infrastructure with Flume

+
Josh West 2012-10-26, 14:05
+
Ron Thielen 2012-10-26, 21:06
+
Ralph Goers 2012-10-29, 00:45
+
Roshan Naik 2012-10-29, 23:37
+
Josh West 2012-10-30, 09:47
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-10-31, 19:22
+
Roshan Naik 2012-10-31, 20:31
+
Hari Shreedharan 2012-10-31, 20:39
+
Roshan Naik 2012-11-01, 18:19
Re: Syslog Infrastructure with Flume
Ok. I am not aware of what is happening in the Hive community. I'd just like to make sure that any effort that we put into getting stuff into Flume should be useful to as large a community as possible - in this case, that is the Hive community.

Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan
On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Roshan Naik wrote:

> Hari,
>    The way things are progressing... it appears that HCatalog would become part of Hive and may not have an independent existence.  The final decision is not yet made but thats the direction it seems to be heading. So what I am now referring to as a "HCatalog sink" could be just considered as the "Hive/HCatalog sink" or just "Hive" sink.
>
> -roshan
>

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Hari Shreedharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])> wrote:
> > Thanks Roshan. I understand that it makes it easier for us to use HCatalog - but I am not sure what percentage of Hive users actually use HCat. If we simply use Hive directly, we would be able to address a larger community - which I would definitely like (thought I don't know how feasible it is). I think it might be better to use Hive directly at least to make it more useful to a larger community.
> >

> > Hari

+
Roshan Naik 2012-11-01, 22:54
+