MapReduce >> mail # user >> ethernet bonding / 802.3ad / link aggregation

Re: ethernet bonding / 802.3ad / link aggregation
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Koert Kuipers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> we are looking at channel bonding / link aggregation (2 x 1 Gbit/s) on
> our hadoop slaves.
> what is the recommended bonding mode? i found some references to mode 4
> (802.3ad, hardware based) and to mode 6 (balance-alb, software based) in
> hadoop mailing lists.
> thanks! koert

I have configured LACP before and seems to be the standard. Do post your
results, in general don't expect to see 2 Gbps, you'll probably get around
1.5 Gbps or less depending on hardware vendor.