Sqoop, mail # user - String replace functionality in Sqoop import using Oozie

RE: String replace functionality in Sqoop import using Oozie
Connell, Chuck 2013-02-04, 19:43
Do it first with Python??
From: Nitin kak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2013 2:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: String replace functionality in Sqoop import using Oozie

Hi guys,
     Is there a way to replace (or drop) a character in one of the fields on the fly while importing data from an RDBMS system? I basically want to replace Ctrl-A characters in the fields. I know its possible to do that with Sqoop Hive Import(--hive-delims-replacement) but Hive Sqoop import is know not to work correctly with Oozie(hope this one gets remedied soon).

Regards,
Nitin Kak