Hive, mail # user - Output from HiveQL query

Re: Output from HiveQL query
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2012-07-12, 18:55
By default, no. They will be displayed onto the console.

Try this to store them in HDFS:
INSERT OVERWRITE DIRECTORY '/tmp/hdfs_out' SELECT * FROM invites a
WHERE a.ds='2008-08-15';
The results of the query will be stored in '/tmp/hdfs_out' directory on HDFS.
I am not sure I understood your question about time limit. Once in
HDFS, it should be upto you to decide till when you want them to be
there right?

--
Swarnim