Hadoop >> mail # general >> DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?

Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Chris Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Calling it something other than Hadoop would avoid confusing users
> (and HBase could then release bug fixes, etc. on its own schedule),
> but from how it's been described: this is acknowledging the reality of
> the situation, not proposing something radical.

Calling it other than Hadoop would only confuse the situation even
more; "Trust all your data to fooFS!".  It'd also reeks of HDFS 'fork'
(HBase is not yet up for taking on such a burden).

I liked my original reading of your suggestion Chris -- even if it was
perhaps not what you intended -- where HBase would host
hadoop-0.20-append.  Thats not on?

St.Ack
P.S. Arun, I agree.