Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Q about majority voting, # of nodes, even node number

Q about majority voting, # of nodes, even node number
Hi,

Somebody asked me recently and I "got stuck" trying to explain this.
When people ask how many ZK nodes they should have a common answer is "odd
number: 3 or 5 or ...", so ZK can do majority voting.  Correct so far?
Another reason is for HA - if one ZK node dies, there are still 2 of them
left.  And this is where I am missing something core - with just 2 nodes
left, how can ZK do majority voting now?

Thanks,
Otis