Accumulo, mail # user - Accumulo software and processes owner

Accumulo software and processes owner
Terry P. 2013-04-26, 20:35
I just finished setting up an 8-node cluster using Cloudera CDH3u5 and
Accumulo 1.4.2.  The Cloudera rpm installations created the hdfs Linux user
and hadoop group (and others).  I initially created an accumulo Linux user
and set it as the owner of the Accumulo software.

However, after HDFS was up and running, when I attempted to start Accumulo
as the accumulo Linux user, I of course got HDFS permission denied when it
tried to write to HDFS.  Being a newbie, I didn't bother figuring out how
to grant HDFS permissions to the accumulo account, I just started Accumulo
as the hdfs user so I could get things rolling.

As what user does one normally start Accumulo?  hdfs?  Linux root?  The
Accumulo User Manual never recommends anything about who the Accumulo
binaries should be owned by or what account it should be run under (e.g.
root, or an accumulo Linux account).

Thanks in advance,
Terry