Pig >> mail # dev >> How do you pass a schema to the backend in a builtin UDF?

How do you pass a schema to the backend in a builtin UDF?
I am writing ToJson as a builtin.

How do I send the schema of a builtin UDF to the back-end? In ToJson in
github, I use udfProp.setProperty("horton.json.udf.schema", schemaString),
but this doesn't seem right for a builtin?