Flume >> mail # user >> Is Flume sink multithreaded

+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-08-02, 19:24
+
Denny Ye 2012-08-03, 01:36
Re: Is Flume sink multithreaded
A sink runner and the sink are build from the configuration and started
by the lifecycle manager. The runner then regularly calls process on the
sink.

Sinks and sources are not required to be multithreaded, as they are
normally exclusively accessed by their runners. The exception to this is
the lifecycle manager which may call start/stop pretty much whenever.