Flume >> mail # dev >> NettyAvroRpcClient number of worker threads

NettyAvroRpcClient number of worker threads
Hi,

Recently we noticed some of our embedded flume agents were using around 50
netty IO worker threads.

We tracked it down to the NettyAvroRpcClient which instantiates
the NioClientSocketChannelFactory with the default workerCount (2 * the
number of available processors). We would like finer control over the
number of IO threads we dedicate to flume.

I can create a JIRA and a patch that allows users to configure this setting
on the AvroSink, but I wanted to bring it up with the flume developers
before proceeding.

Thanks