MapReduce >> mail # user >> HDFS load-balancing

Re: HDFS load-balancing
Are you speaking of load balancing of the metadata requests served by
the NameNode? There isn't a direct way right now but HDFS Federation
features would interest you, as it helps divide the namespace itself
into several different NNs.

Read more about Federation at
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/Federation.html

--