Accumulo, mail # dev - No init scripts or native sources in -bin distribution?

Re: No init scripts or native sources in -bin distribution?
Christopher 2013-05-17, 18:30
We've been discussing on the user list whether to include source for
native maps in the binary tarball. The consensus is slowly going
towards that we should do so, and may end up in RC4.

There are init scripts in the source tarball (assemble/scripts). They
may or may not work well. We've discussed using supervisor,
commons-daemon, or jsw, or something similar to support cross-platform
service startup/monitoring, but that wasn't a planned feature for 1.5.
If they do need to be included, I think it should be discussed, as
there is a risk associated with packaging that looks like it will work
out of the box, but really doesn't.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii