HDFS >> mail # user >> HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME
Hello Raj,

    Although the way which Mustaqeem has told is correct, there is more
appropriate way to do this. Add the "dfs.data.dir" property in your
hdfs-site.xml and give the "path you want to use for HDFS data storage" as
its value. The directory pointed by hadoop.tmp.dir also contains the
metadata and some other temporary files, so it's always better to have a
dedicated location to store the actual HDFS data.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com