Hadoop, mail # user - rack awareness and safemode

+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-03-20, 20:20
+
John Meagher 2012-03-20, 20:27
+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-03-20, 20:38
+
Harsh J 2012-03-20, 21:44
+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-03-20, 23:19
Re: rack awareness and safemode
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-03-22, 17:36
I restarted the cluster yesterday with rack-awareness enable.
Things went well. confirm that there was no issues at all.

Thanks you all again.
On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Patai Sangbutsarakum
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks you all.
>

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> John has already addressed your concern. I'd only like to add that
>> fixing of replication violations does not require your NN to be in
>> safe mode and it won't be. Your worry can hence be voided :)
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:08 AM, Patai Sangbutsarakum
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for your reply and script. Hopefully it still apply to 0.20.203
>>> As far as I play with test cluster. The balancer would take care of
>>> replica placement.
>>> I just don't want to fall into the situation that the hdfs sit in the
>>> safemode
>>> for hours and users can't use hadoop and start yelping.
>>>
>>> Let's hear from others.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Patai

>> --