Sqoop >> mail # user >> How to export Hbase table to MySQL table?

Re: How to export Hbase table to MySQL table?
Hey There,

Here are a couple of thoughts off the top of my head:

   1. HBase structure doesn't map very well to your typical relational
   database. In RDBMS systems, there is a fixed schema for tables where its
   easy to see what the columns are. In HBase, columns can number into the
   thousands (inifinite??) and can have any name. I really can only imagine
   custom, particular transformations that would be useful.
   2. Column types aren't available in HBase... so every thing would have
   to map to a BLOB of some kind in a relational database I suppose.

-Abe