Hadoop, mail # user - Memory mapped resources

+
Benson Margulies 2011-04-11, 22:57
+
Jason Rutherglen 2011-04-11, 23:05
+
Edward Capriolo 2011-04-12, 00:32
Re: Memory mapped resources
Ted Dunning 2011-04-12, 01:30
Also, it only provides access to a local chunk of a file which isn't very
useful.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Jason Rutherglen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Yes you can however it will require customization of HDFS.  Take a
> > look at HDFS-347 specifically the HDFS-347-branch-20-append.txt patch.
> >  I have been altering it for use with HBASE-3529.  Note that the patch
> > noted is for the -append branch which is mainly for HBase.
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Benson Margulies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >> We have some very large files that we access via memory mapping in
> >> Java. Someone's asked us about how to make this conveniently
> >> deployable in Hadoop. If we tell them to put the files into hdfs, can
> >> we obtain a File for the underlying file on any given node?
> >>

> This features it not yet part of hadoop so doing this is not "convenient".

+
Jason Rutherglen 2011-04-12, 01:48
+
Ted Dunning 2011-04-12, 04:09