Hadoop, mail # general - [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0
Tom White 2011-11-01, 17:35
Arun,

Thanks for rolling a release candidate!

Initial observations:

* Checksums and signature are good.
* The license, notice and readme files are hard to find and are
duplicated. I think they need to be at the top-level.
* There is no changes file for MapReduce.
* The source is not included. This is an absolute requirement for all
Apache releases.
* Are the binary artifacts published to the Maven staging repo? That
would be helpful for testing.
* The tag at http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.0-rc0/
looks good.

Cheers,