Hive >> mail # user >> Partitioning an external hbase table

Re: Partitioning an external hbase table
Unfortunately I don't think there is a clean way to achieve that (atleast
not one that I know of). Your option at this point is to run your queries
with a WHERE clause so that the predicate behind the scenes gets converted
to a range scan and restricts the amount of data that is being getting
scanned.

--
Swarnim