A fundamental question was asked by one of the consumers who depend on my
NiFi workflows for transfer of critical data. I wasn't entirely certain of
the answer and feel that I really should better understand this.

When using a ListFile/FetchFile combo or even a simple GetFile processor,
how does Nifi ensure that it does not ingest from a targeted directory any
files that an external process may still be writing to or editing? Is it
bound by file locks that have been established at the system level by those
external processes?

Thanks in advance for any insights that help me better explain this to
consumers of my NiFi workflows.  -Jim