Long term I'd like to see the extension registry take form and have
that be the solution (#3).

In the more near term, we could separate all of the NARs, except for
framework and maybe standard processors & services, into a separate
git repo.

In that new git repo we could organize things like Joe N just
described according to some kind of functional grouping. Each of these
functional bundles could produce its own tar/zip which we can make
available for download.

That would separate the release cycles between core NiFi and the other
NARs, and also avoid having any single binary artifact that gets too