Pig >> mail # user >> Processing hierarchical information in Pig

Re: Processing hierarchical information in Pig
Prash, you can just model this tree as a simple graph adjacency list:

A1,A2
A2,A3
A3,A4
A4,Am

For nodes with more than one child, you simply extend each row
horizontally.  Child/parent/descendant/ancestor are straightforward
applications of a traversal on this graph (BFS would be a good choice).

Norbert