Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 02:33
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 03:50
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 16:31
Tom White 2012-08-29, 17:30
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 17:42
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:02
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 17:13
Suresh Srinivas 2012-08-29, 17:26
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 18:41
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 17:04
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:22
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:49
Tom White 2012-08-29, 20:34
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-29, 20:40
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 21:18
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 13:46
Sharad Agarwal 2012-08-30, 06:41
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:29
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 16:17
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:44
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-30, 02:59
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:54
Konstantin Shvachko 2012-08-30, 10:12
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-30, 14:11
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-30, 14:23
Brock Noland 2012-08-30, 14:43
Devaraj Das 2012-08-31, 01:28
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:02
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:15
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 06:42
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:50
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-31, 16:59
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:10
Jagane Sundar 2012-08-31, 17:24
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-31, 17:11
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-31, 07:55
Robert Evans 2012-08-31, 14:34
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 15:09
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 16:00
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 16:08
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-09-01, 00:23
Sharad Agarwal 2012-09-01, 09:59
Mahadev Konar 2012-08-31, 15:05
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-31, 06:36
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 13:51
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 10:25
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 11:00
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-30, 00:16
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 00:55
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:34
Jakob Homan 2012-08-29, 21:22
Travis Thompson 2012-08-29, 22:30
Steve Loughran 2012-08-31, 11:54
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 14:14
Robert Evans 2012-08-29, 15:17
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 17:22
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-29, 03:45
Michael Segel 2012-08-29, 17:26
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-29, 18:48
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:20
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:46
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 06:31
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:02
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-08-30, 07:11
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 12:29
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:35
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-08-29, 23:53
I am curious where the arbitrar numbery 5 is coming from: is it reflected in
the bylaws?

Cos

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 04:35PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J)
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Arun, great work below. Concrete, and an actual proposal of PMC lists.
> >
> > What do folks think?
>
> Already expressed my opinion above on the thread that whole idea of
> splitting is crazy. But, I'll comment on some specifics of the
> proposal as well:
>

> >> I think the simplest way is to have all existing HDFS committers be
> >> committers and PMC members of the new project. That list is found in the
> >> asf-authorization-template which has:
>
> Why? If we were to do this, why not take the opportunity to narrow
> down into the people who are actually active contributors to the
> project? (per your reasoning on the YARN thread)
>

> >> hadoop-hdfs = acmurthy,atm,aw,boryas,cdouglas,cos,cutting,daryn,ddas,dhruba,eli,enis,eric14,eyang,gkesavan,hairong,harsh,jitendra,jghoman,johan,knoguchi,kzhang,lohit,mahadev,matei,mattf,molkov,nigel,omalley,ramya,rangadi,sharad,shv,sradia,stevel,suresh,szetszwo,tanping,todd,tomwhite,tucu,umamahesh,yhemanth,zshao
>
> Of these, only the following people have actually contributed more
> than 5 patches to common and HDFS in the last year:
> Hairong Kuang (7):
> Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli (7):
> Daryn Sharp (8):
> Matthew J. Foley (10):
> Devaraj Das (11):
> Mahadev Konar (15):
> Eric Yang (18):
> Sanjay Radia (18):
> Thomas Graves (18):
> Thomas White (21):
> Konstantin Shvachko (23):
> Steve Loughran (24):
> Arun Murthy (32):
> Uma Maheswara Rao G (36):
> Jitendra Nath Pandey (51):
> Harsh J (68):
> Robert Joseph Evans (71):
> Alejandro Abdelnur (106):
> Suresh Srinivas (107):
> Aaron Twining Myers (171):
> Tsz-wo Sze (184):
> Eli Collins (252):
> Todd Lipcon (286):
>
> So I would propose:
> atm,daryn,ddas,eli,eyang,hairong,harsh,jitendra,mahadev,mattf,shv,sradia,stevel,suresh,szetszwo,todd,tomwhite,tucu,umamahesh
>
> and listing the others as Emeritus, who could easily regain committer
> status if they started contributing again.
>

> >> ----
> >>

> >> Proposal: Apache Hadoop MapReduce as a TLP
> >>
> >> I propose we graduate MapReduce as a TLP named 'Apache Hadoop MapReduce'.
> >>
> >> I think the simplest way is to have all existing MR committers be committers and PMC members of the new project. That list is found in the asf-authorization-template which has:

> [...]
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-08-29, 23:48
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:52
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-30, 16:33
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-30, 17:00
+
Owen OMalley 2012-08-30, 18:25
+
Inder.dev Java 2012-08-31, 19:00
+
Doug Cutting 2012-08-31, 20:44
+
Eric Baldeschwieler 2012-08-31, 22:43
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-29, 18:41
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:19
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 05:38
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:06
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 06:18
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-30, 06:31
+
Eli Collins 2012-08-30, 07:17
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:27
+
Mattmann, Chris A 2012-08-29, 23:32
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-30, 01:47
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2012-08-29, 23:40
+
Jun Ping Du 2012-08-29, 18:35
+
Chris Douglas 2012-08-31, 01:24
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-08-31, 03:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-08-31, 15:59
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-01, 13:21