Bigtop, mail # user - permanant builds on jenkins

+
Jay Vyas 2013-07-06, 14:33
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-07-07, 00:58
Re: permanant builds on jenkins
Jay Vyas 2013-07-07, 16:03
Hi bruno:

1) I've noticed that https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Bigtop/ is not
valid but "https://builds.apache.org/job/Bigtop-trunk/" seems to work.  Is
this an error on the website?

2) http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/job/Bigtop-VM-matrix/ Seems to build
direct from HEAD.

Are there actual bigtop releases which aren't on jenkins?  Everything seems
to be centered around the build server, rather than actual frozen,
downloadable releases.

3) Regarding testing the VMs.  Maybe to start some simple virt-install
scripts could help confirm that the KVM builds, at least, are working.  If
we could get them working with static IPs then we could even clone down the
bigtop source code and run bigtop hadoop tests on the VMs after
construction as a validation step.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com