Accumulo >> mail # dev >> GSOC Idea - Accumulo Control Panel

+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 14:29
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-12, 14:37
+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 15:47
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-12, 18:25
+
Keith Turner 2013-04-12, 18:48
+
John Vines 2013-04-12, 18:35
+
David Medinets 2013-04-12, 19:43
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-12, 21:58
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-13, 02:01
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-13, 16:15
+
David Schlosnagle 2013-04-13, 17:44
+
Andres Danter 2013-04-13, 19:20
+
David Medinets 2013-04-13, 02:31
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-04-12, 18:48
+
John Vines 2013-04-12, 18:51
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-12, 19:16
Re: GSOC Idea - Accumulo Control Panel
a,c, and f sound like the scope I originally planned for

And like Keith said, the entire thing could also be wrapped up in Ambari.
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM, David Medinets
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It might be interesting to have a tool which could:
> >
> > a) shut down any accumulo process on any server.
> > b) start any accumulo process on any server.
> > c) edit the various configuration files through a web interface.
> > d) automate restart accumulo processes, as needed, after configuration
> > change.
> > e) push accumulo code and configuration to a new server.
> > f) gracefully shutdown and remove a server from the cluster.
> >
> > Anything else? If this sounds like a good idea, let's create a JIRA
> ticket
> > with the right tags.
>
> This sounds like Apache Ambari, which we should possibly integrate
> with. See ACCUMULO-136

+
Christopher 2013-04-12, 15:46
+