Zookeeper >> mail # user >> question on data expiry

question on data expiry
(I could not find an answer anywhere hence looking for help here)

This is a multi region setup, where leader/follower is one region and
observers in another 2 regions.

We recently had an issue with the inter region connectivity where the
observers were not able to contact the leader.
At the same time we happened to notice that new connection to 'zookeeper
observer' started failing and we logged in to the zkCli.sh and did ls /
there was no data.

Is this expected? Is there anyway we can control the expiry?

Once the inter region connectivity was restored, the 'zookeeper observer'
picked up the latest snapshot from the leader.

Is there any best practices which could withstand a WAN failure?

Thanks for help,
+
Raúl Gutiérrez Segalés 2013-07-09, 17:21
+
habeeb rahman 2013-07-11, 14:29