MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-10-07, 07:00
+
Bobby Evans 2013-10-07, 15:20
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-07, 18:42
+
Tassapol Athiapinya 2013-10-07, 19:07
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-10-07, 19:21
+
Ramya Sunil 2013-10-07, 21:42
+
Devaraj k 2013-10-09, 12:05
+
Chris Douglas 2013-10-09, 08:29
+
Thomas Graves 2013-10-08, 13:48
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-10-08, 22:13
+
Zhijie Shen 2013-10-09, 07:10
+
Steve Loughran 2013-10-09, 08:28
+
Arpit Gupta 2013-10-10, 17:06
+
Bikas Saha 2013-10-10, 17:18
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.2.0
Chris Nauroth 2013-10-10, 17:59
+1 non-binding

I verified the checksum and signature.  I deployed the tarball to a small
cluster of Ubuntu VMs: 1 * NameNode, 1 * ResourceManager, 2 * DataNode, 2 *
NodeManager, 1 * SecondaryNameNode.  I ran a few HDFS commands and sample
MapReduce jobs.  I verified that the 2NN can take a checkpoint
successfully.  Everything worked as expected.

The outcome of the recent discussions on HDFS symlinks was that we need to
disable the feature in this release.  Just to be certain that this patch
took, I wrote a small client to call FileSystem.createSymlink and tried to
run it in my 2.2.0 cluster.  It threw UnsupportedOperationException, which
is the expected behavior.

Chris Nauroth
Hortonworks
http://hortonworks.com/

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM, Bikas Saha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1 (non binding)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
Jian He 2013-10-10, 20:12
+
Jun Ping Du 2013-10-09, 14:39
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-10-09, 14:24
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-10-09, 21:34
+
Jason Lowe 2013-10-09, 14:45
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-10-13, 16:26
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-10-13, 17:37
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-10-13, 22:32
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-10-15, 06:03