From: Pavan Sudheendra [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: How to best decide mapper output/reducer input for a huge string?

No, I don't have a combiner in place. Is it necessary? How do I make my map output compressed? Yes, the Tables in HBase are compressed.
Although, there's no real bottleneck, the time it takes to process the entire table is huge. I have to constantly check if i can optimize it somehow..
Oh okay.. I'll implement a Custom Writable.. Apart from that, do you see any thing wrong with my design? Does it require any kind of re-work? Thank you so much for helping..