HBase >> mail # user >> coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~

+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 00:48
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 00:52
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-18, 01:07
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 01:13
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-18, 01:17
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 01:26
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-18, 02:31
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 09:31
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 01:31
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 02:01
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 01:32
+
Wei Tan 2013-02-18, 05:52
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-18, 09:01
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 09:35
+
yonghu 2013-02-18, 10:57
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 12:11
+
yonghu 2013-02-18, 12:22
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 12:45
+
prakash kadel 2013-02-18, 13:21
+
Michel Segel 2013-02-18, 14:13
+
Wei Tan 2013-02-19, 15:15
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-19, 16:01
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-19, 16:29
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-19, 20:05
+
prakash kadel 2013-02-19, 07:41
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-02-19, 21:53
+
Michel Segel 2013-02-20, 13:00
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-20, 13:26
+
Michel Segel 2013-02-20, 14:14
+
Prakash Kadel 2013-02-20, 15:10
+
Wei Tan 2013-02-18, 17:56
+
Michael Segel 2013-02-18, 18:42
Re: coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
Parkash,

I have a six nodes cluster and met the same problem as you had. In my
test, inserting one tuple using coprocessor is nearly 10 times slower
than normal put operation. I think the main reason is what Lars
pointed out, the main overhead is executing RPC.

regards!

Yong

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Wei Tan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is your CheckAndPut involving a local or remote READ? Due to the nature of
> LSM, read is much slower compared to a write...
>

> Best Regards,
> Wei
>

> From:   Prakash Kadel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To:     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Date:   02/17/2013 07:49 PM
> Subject:        coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
>

> hi,
>    i am trying to insert few million documents to hbase with mapreduce. To
> enable quick search of docs i want to have some indexes, so i tried to use
> the coprocessors, but they are slowing down my inserts. Arent the
> coprocessors not supposed to increase the latency?
> my settings:
>     3 region servers
>    60 maps
> each map inserts to doc table.(checkAndPut)
> regionobserver coprocessor does a postCheckAndPut and inserts some rows to
> a index table.
>

> Sincerely,
> Prakash

+