HBase, mail # user - Re: Client with HTablePool can't connect after server restart

Re: Client with HTablePool can't connect after server restart
Stack 2012-11-17, 19:12
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Scott Alcaide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Any update on this? We encountered this on a production cluster. Did the
>> zookeeper bug ever get filed or fixed?
>>

> If hbase is not managing ZK, and it gets restarted, the client will
> ride over the zk restart fine.
>
> If cluster is restarted under a client, I've not tried that in a
> while.  Anyone else know if client will just ride over it?

Should be easy to test.  Open shell, connect to cluster and do some
operations, restart cluster and see if shell keeps going.
St.Ack