From handheld, Please excuse typos.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhavesh Shah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:33:29
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Doubt in INSERT query in Hive?

Hello,
Whenever we want to insert into table we use:
INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE TBL_NAME
(SELECT ....)
Due to this, table gets overwrites everytime.

I don't want to overwrite table, I want append it everytime.
I thought about LOAD TABLE , but writing the file may take more time and I
don't think so that it will efficient.

Does Hive Support INSERT INTO TABLE TAB_NAME?
(I am using hive-0.7.1)
Is there any patch for it? (But I don't know How to apply patch ?)

Pls suggest me as soon as possible.
Thanks.

--
Regards,