HBase >> mail # dev >> Corrupted log file

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-30, 18:51
+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-05-01, 18:48
+
Ted Yu 2013-05-01, 18:50
Re: Corrupted log file
Ok, I will open a JIRA for that later today...

On the RS side, should we break the loop? Or kill the server?  Because not
being able to read the log might end with rs inconsistencies?

JM
Le 1 mai 2013 14:51, "Ted Yu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :

> Ideally HBCK should sideline corrupted log file so that region server can
> start.
>
> Cheers
>
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM, Nick Dimiduk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Detecting the condition, printing the warning, and breaking the loop
> sounds
> > like an urgent bandaid solution to me.
> >
> > -n
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > When a log file (into /hbase/.logs) is corrupted, HBase is not able to
> > > start because it tries to read it again and again.
> > >
> > > Also, there is nothing into HBCK to detect that.
> > >
> > > Should we have something to check that? Like in hbck, we can simply try
> > > open the log file, and read it? To report the warning?
> > >
> > > JM

+
Ted Yu 2013-05-05, 13:01