HBase >> mail # user >> Allowed upper limit to HColumnDescriptor.setMaxVersion(..)?

+
Micah Whitacre 2011-10-04, 16:20
+
Doug Meil 2011-10-04, 16:36
+
Micah Whitacre 2011-10-04, 18:21
+
Doug Meil 2011-10-04, 19:31
Re: Allowed upper limit to HColumnDescriptor.setMaxVersion(..)?
Are you surmising that from the description of setting a minimum version?

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Doug Meil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#schema.versions
>

> I believe if you set that to 0 it should disable the versioning.
>

> On 10/4/11 2:21 PM, "Micah Whitacre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>I guess what I'm asking is there a way to set "infinite" or no max
>>bounds on versions (e.g. setMaxVersion(-1) possibly)?  Or do I have to
>>call setMaxVersion(Integer.MAX_VALUE) or setMaxVersion(<some large
>>guess>)?  If a large guess is the way to go, what sort of overhead
>>costs might we need to consider when finding the right balance point
>>between room to grow and the maintenance support cost of needing to
>>expand later?
>>
>>We plan on building MapReduce jobs to clean up versions based on some
>>conditions so the value shouldn't get that large but the conditions
>>for cleaning up those versions might be decided by other consumers of
>>the service.  So having room to grow is ideal.
>>
>>On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Doug Meil
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there-
>>>
>>> re:  "i don't care store them all"
>>>

>>> What do you mean?