Hadoop >> mail # user >> stuck in safe mode after restarting dfs after found dead node

Re: stuck in safe mode after restarting dfs after found dead node
If the files are gone forever you should run:

hadoop fsck -delete /

To acknowledge they have moved on from existence. Otherwise things
that attempt to read this files will, to put it in a technical way,
BARF.